Thursday 8 July 2021

A sneak peak at my writing!!!!


The legend of Wairaka

One day long long ago, after traveling around New Zealand for many months on end, the Ngati Awa tribe arrived at a stunning beach with pure white sand and glistening aqua shallows. Also in this wonderful place were lime green planes and big pohutukawa trees, their trunks covered in a rich dark brown color and their red flowers were like sunset diamonds. Tui’s sang joyful notes of song from within the trees which they were hiding.

 The water lapped against their Waka as chief Toroa led all the men off the boat and through the lush lime green grasslands to explore this wondrous island and find a safe place for all the women and children they had left aboard to stay.

 This is a part of my Wairaka legend retell, I will be posting the full version later on this week! I found spelling all the Maori words quite hard! In my next steps I would, put more descriptive words in. I liked I when I weaved parts of my story into other parts! Do you like my story so far?  Samantha.

No comments:

Post a Comment