Friday 6 August 2021

The Present.


This is my present writing, it's from the dogs point of view. I don't have any next steps at the moment, what do you think mine are? Do you like my writing?
Samantha.
“Bang Bang Bang!” I look around and start scratching at my box; I was just in the animal shelter eating my lunch and minding my own business when this lady with ginger hair and a pink sweater came in.  She talked to Sam, my keeper, then he unlocked my cage and she picked me up! I was furious but before I could bark at her she stuffed me in this box! Then the strange woman threw me in her car.  It was so claustrophobic there! It was stuffy and hot and I was so cramped.  Now I’m shoved under her sweaty armpit.  It stinks like rotten eggs, boiled cabbage and out of date dog food! “Max, I'm home!” She yells as she bangs through something.  It was too loud.  I whimper as I cover my ears with my tiny paws.  She drops me onto something hard and I yelp but I can’t be heard over the constant banging and pow pow powing from outside.  “Max, stop playing video games and open the present I got you!” video games, so that's what the scary noises are.  Max mumbles something I can’t quite catch.  Finally I manage to haul myself onto my legs but before I can jump out someone lifts the first flap making my job a whole lot easier.  I leap out and land on someone's hard and bony knees.  I looked up into the person's face and let out a bark of excitement, it was Sam! Sam picked me up and went to hug me.  Then he looked down at my missing leg.  Sam grunted then threw me onto the floor.  Off! I landed hard.  What was wrong with my leg? Sam always cuddled me, he never cared that i’d lost a leg.  So I ran up to him barking, “Go away Sophie. '' he said.  So this was Sam, he knew my name! I looked around and saw a shiny red ball under a big wooden cupboard.  A good game of fetch always cheered Sam up.  I knew what I had to do.  I ran forward preparing to squish the ball between my teeth.  Boof! My head hit the cupboard like a wrecking ball, I felt like my head was going to explode! I backed away shaking my head to try and get the horrible ringing noise out of it.  Slowly I edged forwards, this time a little more cautiously.  I reached my head under the cupboard and finally felt the ball squish satisfyingly between my teeth.  I pulled my head out and launched at Sam, he looked at me with a smile forming on his lips.  Suddenly he wiped his head away and his smile went back to a frown.  What was wrong? What was going on? I ran forwards and dropped the ball at his feet.  He kicked it away and it landed in my box.  I launched forwards, but when I got to the ball the box flipped upside down and trapped me! I ran around in hope I could free myself but I just ended up going; Bang! On the coffee table.  Bang! On the couch.  Bang! On the cupboard and Bang! On the TV cabinet! Just as I was about to give up I tripped over and the box flipped back open! I ran up to Sam and gave him a pleading look.  “Oh.  Fine!” Sam announced and switched off the game he was playing.  “Come on, let's go play!” He picked up my red ball and put it in his pocket.  Then he lifted himself onto these big metal things, I looked down and he was missing a leg too! I was confused, this person looked like Sam but Sam had two legs not one! Then I realized this wasn’t Sam, this was Max! Max threw the ball for me and I raced after it.  “I’ll be outside!” Max called too his mum, I ran back to him with the ball in my mouth.  Max bent down and scratched me behind the ear “Good girl” he announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment